900 Cayman Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
The recently refurbished Caribbean Beach resort celebrates the spirit of tropical locales—from the legacy of colonial forts and architecture to lively markets, exotic birds and relaxing strolls on the sand. Each island complex is bright, airy and colorful with access to a 45-acre lake and sandy beaches.
The rooms are divided into five areas or “villages” — Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, and Jamaica — that surround a 45 acre lake. Take a bridge to the middle of the lake to Caribbean Cay island, and find some secluded areas to sit and relax, and a children’s play area as well.
The main building is called “Old Port Royale”, where you’ll find check-in, guest services, concierge, hotel amenities, dining and more. You can find breakfast, lunch, and dinner here, or do some shopping at Calypso’s Trading Post. You can also find the main pool and marina right outside, plus a handful of other daily activities in this area.
With over 2000 rooms, the vast majority contain 2 queen beds, though some room do have king beds, and some also will feature 2 queen beds with a 5th sleeper (child sized pull down bed.) King bed rooms will hold up to 3 adults, while other rooms will hold 4-5, plus one child age 2 and under.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view). If you need the Murphy bed, be sure to request thst on your reservation; there are 5th Sleeper Standard, 5th Sleeper Water View, and 5th Sleeper Preferred categories available.
There are also Pirate Rooms, which are specially themed for added adventure. These unique rooms feature pirate ship beds, buccaneer accessories and swashbuckling decor from stern to stern! However, they are located in buildings that can be a longer walk from Old Port Royale, so be prepared to either hike it, drive, or take the inter-resort bus, if you need to get to the front.
Remember, Caribbean Beach rooms have QUEEN beds, except for Pirate Rooms, which feature DOUBLE beds.
Also please note there are NO ELEVATORS AT CARIBBEAN BEACH, so if stairs are a problem, you’ll want to request a first floor room.
Sebastian’s Bistro – Offerings that will transport your taste buds to “island time.” Enjoy meals with a tropical vibe—from salads, sandwiches, and burgers to steak and seafood entrées.
Disney Dining Plan – Most bakery items are considered snack credits. Sebastian’s Bistro uses one table service credit and Spyglass Grill and certain foods from Centertown Market use one quick service credit.
- Spyglass Grill – Enjoy offerings from a casual/cool menu featuring American fare with a Caribbean twist for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Centertown Market – Fast-casual restaurant with an indoor street market vibe and flavorful Latin and Caribbean-inspired breakfast and dinner menus.
- Centertown Market Grab & Go – A convenient market for fast meals on the go—from salads, sandwiches and snacks to bakery items, specialty coffee, smoothies and a variety of bottled beverages.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS
- Banana Cabana – Walk-up bar that offers tropical sips and quick bites.
- Island Markets – Snack stations in select villages throughout resort.
- Pizza Delivery – Available by calling; usually available as part of the dining plan, but would be two credits per person
FOR THE KIDS
You can find any number of daily activities, from the Jammin’ Pool Party Bash at the pool outside of Old Port Royale to games and activities including Disney trivia, Bingo to dance parties to Caribbean Campfires. You can also find a “Movie Under the Stars” each night in a location near the Banana Cabana.
There is also the Island of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise for kids ages 4-12, allowing young pirates to sail the Caribbean in search of adventure and treasure. Call for current schedule, as its not daily, and prices may change. The Unsolved Mysteries of Barefoot Bay is an interactive scavenger hunt cruise, and for kids ages 10-16. Your young adventurers can search out pirates of the past and experience an evening of immersive storytelling. Current cost is $39 per person, with a snack provided. Reservations are recommended.
Babysitting Services – Babysitting is provided from a company called Kids Nite Out. Though it is a partner company with Disney, please do your due diligence. Just click on the link provided for details.
POOLS & RECREATION
You’ll have plenty of places to cool off with 6 pools at Caribbean Beach. The main pool, Fuentes del Morro, is right outside of Old Port Royale, and features waterslides, water cannons, waterfalls, and a large children’s play area. The kids area is for children 48″ and under. You’ll also find a kid’s pool. Remember, pool towels are not available at the quiet pools, but are provided at Fuentes del Morro.
- Jogging Trails – The trail around the lake is 1.4 miles long
- Volleyball – There is a court on the beach near Martinque. You may rent them for free with ID
- Fishing Excursions – You can ‘catch and release’ large mouth bass on these guided trips, available at 7a, 10a, and 130p daily. Reservations required.
- Barefoot Bay Bike Works – Rent a half hour on a bicycle or surrey bike, from 11a to 5p daily.
Because the resort is so large, there is an internal bus at Caribbean Beach.
You can also use the bus service to Walt Disney World parks, water parks, and Disney Springs. Bus stops located around the resort.
Disney Skyliner service to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Pop Century, Art of Animation, and Riviera Resorts.
(thanks to Kyla from Upon a Star Travel & Concierge for many of these pictures)