So, so many people are wondering how Walt Disney World will handle the crowds at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge once it opens on August 29th. The new land of Batuu, on the… well, edge of the galaxy… opened up on May 31 in Disneyland to rave reviews, from the Black Spire outpost details to even the queue in the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction. But how will Disney duplicate that success from the 2 parks, 3 resorts Disneyland area to the 30 resort, 4 park Walt Disney World area?
Disney has been mum so far (with the thinking that they’ll see how it all unfolds on June 24th, once Disneyland’s reservation system ends and its open as a free for all) but they finally released their first bit of information today…
ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS (Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders) will be some of the first guests to experience Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, with complimentary preview opportunities planned before the August 29th opening date. Capacity will be limited, and it will go SUPERFAST, as its on a first come, first serve basis.
Pay attention to this page, and on the Facebook page for more details… when I know, you’ll know!!
Passholders also get 20% off select merchandise, up to 20% off at some table service dining, free parking at theme and water parks, and special offers on some rooms.
And YES — I can book your room with your Annual Pass!!
Also, Disney has released info about other Annual Passholder deals… from the Disney Parks Blog:
New and limited-time Passholder offerings for this summer include:
- Ticket deals
- With the return of the popular Bring-a-Friend offer, select Passholders can share the magic of Disney with others through the purchase of a 1-day ticket with Park Hopper Option for the special price of $89 plus tax, available for purchase and use from June 18-Aug. 8, 2019 (offer valid for Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders). Tickets will be available for purchase at theme park ticket windows and must be used on the date of purchase. Passholders can purchase up to six (6) tickets over the course of this promotion.
- Beginning July 5, Passholders will be able to purchase a new Summer Splash Pass to receive unlimited visits to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park from July 5-Sept. 7, 2019 for the same cost as a non-discounted 1-day water park ticket, $69 plus tax. Tickets will be available for purchase at water park ticket windows.
- Special event offers
- H2O Glow Nights are back in 2019 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, and Passholders can save $15 off the price sold at the ticket window when purchasing tickets in advance for this nighttime party on select nights. While at the party, Passholders can meet Bo Peep from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” in an experience exclusive to them through June 29, 2019.
- Passholders can take a walk on the vile side during Disney Villains After Hours, a special event held on select nights this summer at Magic Kingdom Park, and will save $30 off the price sold at the ticket window when purchasing tickets in advance. While at the event, they will also receive a complimentary special Passholder Disney Villains After Hours ornament featuring Hades (limit one (1) per Passholder while supplies list).
- Limited-time dining discounts
- Select table-service restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort will offer Passholders a 20% discount on lunch (11:30 a.m.-4 p.m.) now through July 2, 2019.